- 3 1/4 cups of fresh shelled fava beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium sized garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (raw) tahini
- Put all items together in the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a flat bowl, with olive oil drizzled on top, with a side of vegetables and crackers for dipping.
- There is a rare disease called favisim which is caused by raw and cooked fava beans. If you have food sensitivities, start your research here before eating this dish regularly.
- Fresh fava is best for this dish. Simply take the fava bean out of the long shell. No need to shell or peel the fava further than this.
To find out more about Heather Haxo, her recipes, classes, and more, visit: www.RawBayArea.com